Project Pinterest: Homemade Sugar Scrub

Honey Oatmeal Brown Sugar Scrub: 
When I showed Teresa the picture above she said, 
"That looks like cookie dough!" 
And as you'll read the ingredient list, you'll see it practically is, 
you could probably add an egg and bake it at 350 and it wouldn't be half bad... 

It's time to exfoliate away all those dead skin cells and prepare for swimsuit season. So I decided to try something easy for my first Pinterest project and make a sugar scrub. This is something that's been on my Pinterest board since November when a friend suggested we make a bunch and give it out as Christmas gifts, needless to say, we never got around to it. 


Did you know you can make all sorts of all natural sugar scrubs with ingredients you already have in your pantry? 

Before we get any farther, I should probably just announce now, I am not good at following directions, a common thread you'll probably see throughout all my crafty attempts this summer. You see, when I started out to make sugar scrub I had every intention of following one recipe, but then another one looked good too. So I sort of created my own, a hybrid of the first two recipes on this list

Why attempt this scrub? Well, here are 6 reasons oatmeal is great for your skin and here's some info on the benefits of honey.  Instead of making a scrub with one or the other, I thought, why not both and this is what I came up with...

Honey Oatmeal Brown Sugar Scrub

1 C Oatmeal
1/2 C. Almonds 

1 c. Packed Brown Sugar
2/3 C Olive Oil
1/2 C Honey


First, blend the oatmeal and almonds in your food processor, then add the rest and let your food processor do the work for you. 
My scrub ended up a fairly thick consistency, which I was happy with, you can always add more honey or oil if need be. 


I tried it out and really liked it! I'm all about using natural products and this way you know exactly what you're putting on your body. I loved the way my skin felt after using it, not at all oily like in the past with store-bought sugar scrubs. 


Lesson Learned: Next time I might try it with white sugar instead...it might make it look more like a scrub and less like a trendy mason jar dessert. 


Enjoy!










1 comment