To Veil or Not to Veil?




Are you going to wear a veil when you get married? 

They aren't for everyone, but if you're questioning it, I'd suggest going for it. After all, if you don't wear one to your wedding, you probably won't have another chance to wear one, unless your a zombie bride for halloween, I suppose...

From a vintage tea length dress with a birdcage veil to a poofy formal gown with a cathedral length veil trailing behind, veils come in different styles to fit every type of dress. It's really just a matter of finding which styles suits you and your dress best.

You can always get a veil and then decide not to wear it. I find that many times some decisions are best made when everything comes together. When you're fully dressed with your hair and makeup done, you finally see the full picture and that's the time to decide whether the veil is going to accentuate the look or be too much. 



Veils can be awesome for pictures. They can add some extra drama and romance to your look.

Simple veils are very easy to makeDepending on where you're shopping, they can be pricey so going the DIY route can be a good idea. I've made a few veils for friends before and one of my bridesmaids made mine.

Veils are also a great thing to share. It's the perfect "something borrowed". One size fits all really, as long as you like the style.

You don't have to wear it the whole time. Some brides choose to wear the veil the whole day, even to the reception. If you do this, just be prepared for a headache by the end from people hugging you and catching your veil, yanking on your head. Other brides will just wear the veil for the ceremony, to give them a more formal or traditional look.

If you don't wear a veil on your wedding day, there IS actually one other time it works, your bachelorette party!

Checkout the Wedding Wednesday board on our pinterest for more tips on veils.

Happy Wedding Wednesday!



4 comments

  1. I loved the veil you made me for my wedding day and it was a great way to save a little money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I had to share it on my blog as well. Thanks for the great perspectives.


    http://new-layer.blogspot.com/2012/06/things-we-would-blog-wedding-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore a veil on my wedding day, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. But I know a lot of brides who don't want to, and it isn't really their personality. It's obviously not necessary anymore, but I think you're right: you can always get one and decide on the day of it you want to wear it or not!

    Thanks for linking up for Wedding Wednesday my dear!

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I have read all your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for something New related to Wedding Veils then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete