March Madness: Go Zags!

You may have picked up that I'm not much of a sports enthusiast (actually, that's kind of an understatement). But in our house, I end up learning a lot about sports through osmosis because Patrick is a fan of pretty much every type of sporting/competitive activity this fine country has to offer. Mostly I just tolerate athletics but my two favorite sporting events are the Olympics and March Madness. Both of them require very little knowledge prior to beginning, have very specific start/end dates, and it's easy to root for your home team!

In the case of March Madness this year, my hometown team, the Gonzaga Bulldogs of Spokane, WA are a #1 pick for the first time ever! I have definitely never been this excited about basketball -- Go Zags!

My friend Andrew organizes a wonderful bracket every year that funds kids school fees in the village of Limilunga, Zambia. This year the goal is to fund 68 students (that's the number of schools in the NCAA tournament) for a full year of tuition. Let me know if you're interested in joining the fun, it's a great way to give back and root for your favorite team-- Win-win!
 Kids from the Limilunga Community School, photographed by Jenny & Jason in 2008 (via jkoephoto.com)




No comments