Dreaming of Oysters

With less than three weeks to go until my due date I'm starting to daydream about consuming some of the foods I've been missing for the past nine months. I haven't been extremely strict with my diet but I've definitely avoided raw meat/seafood. Things I’m looking forward to eating again: 

1) Raw oysters!!!! I didn't realize how addicted I am to these little guys until I couldn't eat them anymore. Patrick and I love to seek out the best oysters that Seattle has to offer and I haven't had one since October. Really, is there anything better than oysters on the half shell and a glass of cold champagne?

3) Under-cooked meat, specifically: a rare burger, runny eggs and some SUSHI! Living in the Pacific Northwest, we are spoiled with our salmon selection. Unfortunately, I prefer mine either raw or very under-cooked. Apparently there is a top grade sushi truck right outside of the hospital that we are delivering at in Ballard so I might even get this treat the day baby arrives.

2) Alcohol: I have had a tiny bit of wine here and there throughout my pregnancy (maybe I'm pretending to be French?) but I will be glad to pour a full glass of Rosé on a hot Seattle day and not feel one ounce of trepidation downing the whole thing. :) 

Speaking of drinking again, I ran across these Milkscreen tests while surfing the internet this week. You can use them like a litmus test to see if there is still any alcohol in your breast milk when you go to feed the baby. What will they think of next?!

PS. What foods would you have a hard time going without?

(image)

1 comment

  1. I don't even want to tell you about picking oysters off the beach at Jason's parents house this week. Don't worry, soon enough we'll be able to do it together!

    ReplyDelete