The 4th Trimester


I'm excited to say that today a post of mine is being featured on one of our favorites blogs, Lovely Little Things. Michelle just had a baby girl two weeks ago and asked me to write a little something while she is resting with baby Riley. I decided to write her a little letter from one new mom to another about the "4th Trimester." Have you heard this term? I hadn't until I was pregnant with Mylo. Basically it is meant to convey that the first three months of a newborns life are in some ways an extension of the pregnancy itself. The baby is still getting used to be in the world and mom is healing from labor and delivery.

I stumbled up on this amazing website called the "4th Trimester Bodies Project" that seeks to embrace the beauty of the changes in the female body from pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding through photography.

1 comment