Spring Cleaning! (aka The Post I Didn't Want to Post Because It Means I'll Actually Have to Clean My Messy House)


Like I said in last week's Friday Roundup I'm home for awhile and SO excited about it. But since Jason and I have been in and out so much in the past, well, year actually, I feel like our house is in a state of chaos. I haven't taken the time to really clean anything beyond the basic vacuum/dust/shove things in cupboards that's necessary to keep from feeling like Miss Havisham on an episode of Hoarders.

I don't really like cleaning. Currently I'm putting it off by writing this blog post. Perhaps this is it, the time in which I find myself as happy as this drawing of  mid-century woman. Perhaps the key to enjoying cleaning is wearing pearls…I might have to test this theory.

As I've been gearing up to clean, I've been noticing a lot of checklists for spring cleaning on Pinterest and decided to make my own. I do like the idea of a check list, something I can be working at all week and seeing my progress as I go but some of them were pretty intense, I'm not going to be resealing my grout, sorry Martha. I'm more focused on the basics needed to refresh, declutter, reorganize and make me love my house again. Here's the check list I've made for myself:


A note on my checklist:  I'm fully aware that to some, this will seem like a really whimpy cleaning list, and for your house it might be. For us,  it could very well take a full day just to be able to check off the "purge closets and drawers of old clothes" and I just found a can in my pantry that expired 2 years ago. We've got some work to do. 

4 comments

  1. Never enough about knowledge
    Poker88
    Education is very good and many knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without cleaning your house properly you can't think to get a neat and clean house. Again you can also hire some professional cleaners so that you can relief some of your pain. Also home cleaning toronto is the best cleaning company and you can hire them just at a reasonable cost that you won't believe until you visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can try hiring different professional transfer maid sg to do the household chores perfectly. They can help you to save time of yours. You can concentrate on others things more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the nice post. It gives the information on cleaning services and what are they include in housekeeping, how they do a process of cleaning. For the best service check out.
    Home Care in Chennai
    Housekeeping in Chennai

    ReplyDelete