Project Pinterest: Ginger Ale

I decided to start of my summer of crafts, creating and DIY with something super simple- a simple syrup. 

Jason and I drink a TON of ginger beer/ginger ale. I tell myself it's "healthy" since it has real ginger in it. 

When you buy the good stuff, made real ginger, it isn't cheap.  So it's something I've been wanting to try making for awhile.

I'd been eying a couple of fairly intimidating recipes- involving food processing and straining and things. A lot of steps and a lot of dishes to clean in the end.

Then I discovered this recipe from David Lebovitz, which is SUPER simple. You don't even have to peel the ginger!  

Once you make the simple syrup it'll keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Just mix it in a glass with some ice and sparkling water. Adjust the amounts based on how gingery you like it. I like it with a bit of lemon or lime squeezed in. 

It's perfect to turn into a mixed drink as well, just add your favorite liquor. 


1 comment

  1. Thanks for this! I love ginger beer too and agree, the price tag is a little ridic for the good stuff

    ReplyDelete