No More Razors


Anyone who's spent time with me in shorts-wearing weather can attest to the fact that I am TERRIBLE at shaving my legs. I cut myself practically every time.

After years of feeling like my choices were either living with lots of cuts and/or razor burn or being a hairy leg beast, I finally decided to try something new. 

I bought an epilator. 

And (so far) I LOVE IT! 

My only regret, not having tried this sooner.

For those of you who aren't familiar with epilators, they're look like an electric razor but instead of cutting they basically tweeze the hair out, pulling it from the root, like waxing. The pros being that it lasts for as long as waxing would and it's virtually impossible to cut yourself. The cons, it's painful, again, like waxing.

I was a little scared it would be unbearably painful, but honestly, on a pain spectrum I'd describe it more in the realm of very unpleasant and only slightly painful. Overall, completely worth the results. I'd much rather suffer through this every few weeks than daily shave my legs for sure.

Tips I've learned from my own experience thus far/read in reviews:

-Do this at night! My legs looked like I had a splotchy disease when I finished, but were perfectly smooth the next morning.

-Just as you would with waxing, you need to exfoliate as the hair grows back to avoid ingrown hairs.

-Don't put any lotion on your legs before you exfoliate, it makes it harder for the epilator to grab the hairs. 

If you're interested, this is the epilator I bought, it was a little more expensive than some of the other models, but a personal recommendation from a friend combined with the good reviews on Amazon won me over.

Image by Slim Aarons, via Like Me Some


No comments