Would You Hire a Wedding Videographer?

If I was getting married to Patrick again today there are quite a few things I'd do differently about my wedding, but the biggest one is that I would hire a videographer. When we got married I thought that wedding videos were mostly cheesy and why pay money for something I would probably just cringe at. WRONG! Our wedding day was such a blur that it would be so wonderful to have it on tape so that I could look back and remember the details of the ceremony, the music at the reception, some of the things we said to our bridal party, family and each other, etc. Our photos were wonderful (thanks JKOE!) but we spent so much time and money on the day I wish I had even more record of it.

How about you? What would you do differently at your wedding? Did you hire a videographer?

PS. Have you seen the wonderful new HBO documentary 112 Weddings? A videographer who has been filming weddings for 20 years went back to catch up with some of the couples. Patrick and I were glued to the screen, it's definitely worth checking out.

2 comments

  1. We lucked out and got a videographer who offered to do our wedding for FREE if he could use it as advertising! Best. thing. ever. I now tell everyone to hire a videographer. We watch our wedding video MUCH more than we look at wedding pics.This is a must. It's worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be nice if you can afford hiring wedding videographer to document your big day and cherish it forever. Here are some of my friend's wedding films. He's one of the best wedding videographer in the Philippines. http://aggarzavideos.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete