January Resolutions



Hello! It's been a while. Happy 2015 from my little family! How were your holidays? Ours were VERY busy but we made a lot of fun memories with family and friends. I will get my act together this weekend and do a couple of posts next week with fun photos of things like Rafa wearing a santa hat and Mylo ripping open presents. :)

Now that the holidays are officially over I feel like it's time to get into a winter routine. I don't know about you but January and February are my least favorite months of the year. It's dark. It's rainy. I watch a lot of TV. I'm having a hard time coming up with resolutions for the whole year (it seems like a very long time to resolve to do something!) but I do have some goals for the winter. I am kicking off January with a sort of health cleanse and trying to get into some good habits. We are about six weeks away from our trip to Argentina (eeeeee!) so I figured that was a good amount of time to try for healthy living instead of giving into the winter blues.

My cleanse started with giving up refined sugar, which I'm 100% addicted to and is always brutal for a few days. I basically only let myself get any sugar from fruit, which is a huge change from eating peppermint bark and pumpkin pie for breakfast.  I also decided to start up with oil pulling in the morning again and I'm liking it A LOT more than the first time, my teeth are getting very white :) Now that my sugar detox is almost complete I'm going to cut back on carbs/alcohol until our trip.

The hardest part about this "healthy living" is pushing through my work day and trying to think of a reward for myself when I get home that isn't sweets or alcohol! It's crazy how much of my daily motivation in these winter months comes from food. On my way home yesterday I was trying to think of other things to look forward to in the evening: a hot bath, snuggling with Mylo, a back rub, etc. I seriously can't wait until it's light out again in the evening and we can resume our evening routine of walking around the neighborhood after work. March 8th is daylight savings time change this year and I'm counting down the days.

Do you have any goals or resolutions? Patrick, my sister, dad, and MIL are all doing the Advocare 24 day challenge, it's inspiring!

No comments