2016: What's on My Mind


Happy New Year! As the new year starts, I have a lot swirling in my head reflecting on 2015 and looking ahead to what 2016 has in store. We just ended a really wonderful year: traveling to Argentina, road-tripping with Mylo across the Northwest, spending time with family at the lakes, and changing jobs were just a few of the highlights. It will definitely be one of those years that when we look back at photos we'll have a lot of memories to treasure.

I have mixed feelings going into 2016, I'm excited about welcoming our daughter in May and having some quality family time this summer, but I'm also bracing myself for all of the changes and adjustments of having a second child, moving into a bigger house, and experiencing the hugeness of pregnancy and the newborn stage again. It's going to be a year that I'm going to have to make a lot effort to stop and enjoy the moment and not just try to stay afloat.

Here are a few of my goals for the next six months (It's hard to think beyond that at this point!):
  • Move into a bigger house
  • Potty train Mylo
  • Read more, watch tv less
  • Exercise consistently through pregnancy 
  • Eat lots of healthy food, cook more
  • Be intentional about friendships, even with a lot of life changes
  • Stop fighting myself and embrace each day for what it is
What are your goals for 2016?




No comments