Something Happy for Election Day


So clearly, I wasn't the only one impacted by the story of the "I Voted" stickers on  Susan B. Anthony's grave. (ICYMI here's what I wrote last week) Her gravestone is  being covered with stickers today!

You can watch a live feed of a huge line of people leaving her stickers.

I love that many people are pointing out that she isn't the only woman who deserves credit for American women earning the right to vote. Slate shouts out out a few other notable women we owe our thanks to today.

Here's a list of other suffragists' graves if you want to find one near you. I do hope they all get some love!

Despite the craziness of this election cycle, it makes me happy that we can look back and see how far we've come in the last 100 years. It gives me hope for the future.

PS. Did you know Susan B. Anthony, Sojourner Truth, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Lucritia Mott and Alice Paul are ALL going to be honored on the back of the new $10 bill?


Image via A Mighty Girl, photo credit City of Rochester-Mayor's Office 

No comments